Before i start listing down the reasons why i am head over heals with Taylor Swift, let me tell you that it hasn’t always been Taylor Swift because I once didn’t like her. It didn’t reach to the point where i bashed her, i just flinched every once in a while when i see her “Love Story” video. I used to think that Taylor Swift tried so hard to look like a princess in that video, and when i hear it on the radio i just think that her voice doesn’t stand out at all. I never thought about her that much back then, but when i do, i’d know that she’s not my type of artist. However, i was given an ipod with songs downloaded by someone else and i found myself repeatedly listening to “Untouchable” and “Teardrops on My Guitar.” I thought that it was so good. The voice and words are perfect, and i didn’t even know that it was Taylor Swift. Who would’ve thought that i’d end up liking (i mean loving her) for years?
Allow me to enumerate the reasons for my undying love for this superstar.
1. She writes her songs. I know everybody knows that, but back then i didn’t know she write her own songs and when i finally knew, i just couldn’t believe it. At first i simply listened to the tune, then the words, then i started devouring each line she created so perfectly.
Also she wrote a song (Better Man) for Little Big Town. The words are beautiful.
“I know I’m probably better off all alone
Than needing a man who could change his mind at any given minute
And it’s always on your terms
I’m hanging on every careless word
Hoping it might turn sweet again
Like it was in the beginning”
2. The lyrics are so good. They are so relatable and quotable, some songs even tells a story.
Songs with a story:
(Although each of her song has a story, these songs are outstanding when it comes to story telling)
• Mary’s Song
• Brought Up That Way (unreleased)
• All Too Well
• Speak Now
Taylor’s unreleased songs, “By The Way” and “Closer To A Cowboy” have very interesting lyrics too.
“All the girls that you run drive have tired lifeless eyes cause you burn them out. But i took your matches before fire could catch me.” (Dear Jhon)
“Every smile you make is so condescending counting all the scars you made. Now that im sitting here thinking it through, i’ve never been anywhere cold as you.” (Cold As You)
“Lives change like the weather, you’ll have new Septembers, everyone of us has messed up too.” (Innocent)
3. She’s a sweetheart. She interacts with her fans, replies to them, and also donates to charity. She sort of dissed Nicki Minaj in a polite way, and made songs for her enemies too (Bad Blood for Katy Perry, then Better than Revenge for Ashley Green? Those were just theories) which for me is a very creative way of handling anger. She has been famous for so long but there was never an issue about her being caught too drunk, harrassing a paparazzi, or taking drugs. She may have been kissing guys but i think she’s doing it right, she’s doing everything right.
4. Her song, “Never Grow Up” is so sweet, also “I Had the Best Day with You Today” which is for her mom. So to those people who said that Taylor Swift only writes about guys, then it just means that they need to listen to all of her songs.
• Long Live – this one’s for her bandmates
• Girl At Home – about refusing to entertain a man that’s in a relationship
• Mean – for a person looking down on her
5. She’s just like many of of us. She was just a girl from Nashville who dreamed, but got rejected many times. She has been broken, lied to, cheated on, replaced and then taken for granted. She has been bullied and looked down to a couple of times. I know that by the success she has right now, she’ll forever be an inspiration to many of us.
Taylor Swift turned her heartbreak into an art that helped us get over a bad break up. I remember playing her songs and just staring at the ceiling, digesting the the lyrics.
So Taylor Swift, you may change or stay the way you are, i will just be one of the billions of people who will continuously and happily watch you shine ❤